Have you ever considered outsourcing your phone calls? Discover pros, cons, and whether you should do it or not.
Phone calls are one of the most common communication methods available to mankind. We speak with our loved ones on the phone, order pizza, and even get customer support. But not everyone loves speaking on the phone – especially disgruntled customers. Outsourcing your company’s phone calls might be a smart move if you don’t have the bandwidth necessary to deal with customer support or if you would prefer to leave it to the experts.
Let’s discuss call center outsourcing services: pros, cons, and more.
Outsourcing Phone Calls Pros
There are many pros to outsourcing your business’s phone calls. Let’s discuss a few of the most important ones.
- You don’t have to hire new talent. A big resource leak for corporations entails hiring new talent. Adding a new salary and benefits to the payroll might sound easy. But adding 10? 15? 100? That’s when the road gets tougher. With an outsourcing partner, you don’t have to worry about this.
- You don’t have to waste time or resources on training new employees. Another big cost for corporations (especially for high turnover jobs like customer support) is constantly training new employees to know their business and meet their standards. With an outsourcing partner, you get employees that are already 100% trained.
- You can lower your costs. As mentioned above, the right outsourcing company can help lower your costs while also getting a grade-A service. This also means that aside from saving on hiring and training, you will also save money by not having to spend more on resources such as laptops, headsets, telephones, and more.
- You get access to a team of experts. Or brand ambassadors, as is the case with iCall Services. Our team members have years of experience dealing with customers, and they will always handle any situation keeping your values, KPIs, and customer satisfaction in mind.
- It’s easier to escalate. Outsourcing solutions are flexible and built to fit your business, not the other way around. If you require extra support on a certain season, your outsourcing partner can help you with this increase, handling the hardest part: finding and training the talent.
- You have more flexibility. Without having to worry about dealing with endless phone calls, finding the right talent, or training new team members, your company’s path is open for innovation.
Outsourcing Phone Calls Cons
If you have the right outsourcing partner, there aren’t many cons to consider. However, the wrong outsourcing partner may be more trouble than they’re worth. Here are a few cons to outsourcing phone calls with the wrong outsourcing company:
- Lack of control. If your outsourcing partner does not keep your values or KPIs in mind, then you might find yourself in a situation where you lack control of what’s happening.
- Communication issues. Depending on the outsourcing company, you may find that certain agents don’t provide the right information to your customers. This can lead to unsatisfactory situations due to a lack of communication.
- Call quality issues. Again, you depend on your outsourcing company to provide the customer service agents with the necessary equipment. If that isn’t the case, your customers might encounter low-quality phone calls that can negatively affect your business.
- Negative impact on brand loyalty. And finally – if the team of agents isn’t trained, experienced, or set up to become your brand ambassadors, this can yield a negative impact on the loyalty your customers have for your brand.
With the right outsourcing partner, however, the pros outweigh the cons. Below, we’ll outline the specific reasons why you should outsource your phone calls.
4 Reasons Why You Should Be Outsourcing Your Phone Calls
- You Get Outstanding Customer Experiences
Support agents will act as brand ambassadors and an extension of your team. This means that they will always try their best to ensure that your customers are receiving the attention they deserve and the solutions they need. IIn short, your customers will be cared for.
- You Will Reduce Your Costs
Hiring an outsourcing company to take care of your phone calls will generate amazing savings for your business. First off, it removes the painstaking tasks of looking for and hiring new talent. It also removes the costs and resources of training and equipping a new employee (or employees). And finally, it adapts to your seasonalities without increasing your costs through new hires or training.
- You Can Increase Your Lead Generation
First, by taking care of your customers and helping them find the best solutions. Second, by improving your customer retention rate. And third, by allowing you more time to innovate and add value to your customers’ shopping journey.
- Your KPIs Will Be Met
The right outsourcing partner will always focus on delivering results. Your KPIs should become theirs, adapting their strategy to provide amazing experiences while focusing on delivering the right results. When choosing iCall services, we will define the scope of work and map out an appropriate solution that meets your service level requirements. We’ll work with you to identify reporting needs and any data points that are relevant to running your business.
Outsourcing your phone calls is something to definitely consider if you haven’t done so before. The advantages are clear for all to see: lowered costs, increased results, and improved customer happiness. All you need to do is find the right partner.
At iCall Services, we pride ourselves on always delivering great customer service experiences. When you choose iCall Services as your outsourcing phone call partner, you get expert agents that adapt to your business and act as an extension of your own staff. Whether you need general answering services or high-touch customer service, our inbound solutions can be tailor-made to suit your business objectives. Learn more about our customized approach or request a quote today.